AFRICA BUSINESS DAY 2020 GOES VIRTUAL
*Please note that the Swiss-African Business Circle, together with Roche, has taken the decision to hold ABD 2020 virtually due to COVID-19, as this is the safest and best possible way of maintaining the date.
Africa Business Day will be hosted by Roche on 23 October 2020
The Africa Business Day is the indispensable annual platform in Switzerland for doing business in and with Africa. Africa Business Day is organized by the Swiss-African Business Circle under the patronage of the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. It brings together around 250 participants including CEOs, members of the Board, business development managers, export managers and investors. During the event, African Embassies/Missions present investment opportunities in their respective countries at country desks in the dedicated virtual exhibition area.
Theme: Emerging Business Models
The theme of AFRICA BUSINESS DAY 2020 is Emerging Business Models. Digitalization, an increasingly shared and collaborative global economy and rapidly changing customer behaviors are changing the nature of business models that define how companies create, distribute and capture value for stakeholders (shareholders, clients, partners etc.). What new and innovative business models are on the horizon? And how will multi-dimensional expectations from stakeholders beyond pure shareholder thinking influence and shape business models going forward?
- Alex Osterwalder, Inventor of the Business Model Canvas, bestselling author, #4 Thinkers50, and Founder of Strategyzer.com
- Padraic Ward, Head of Pharma International, Roche
- Emilia Chisango, Finance Director, Cassava Smartech Zimbabwe Limited (part of the Econet Group)
A conversation with:
André Hoffmann, Vice Chairman of the Board, Roche Holding Ltd. (Switzerland)
Breakout session topics:
- Breakout session 1: Testing & Adapting Business Models
- Breakout session 2: Collaborating with (Disruptive) Startups & Managing an Innovation Portfolio
- Breakout session 3: Transcending Industry Boundaries to Develop in New Markets
- Session 1 – People Development: Africa as a springboard and magnet for talents
- Session 2 – Co-creation with African stakeholders: a case study on forming new partnerships
- Session 3 – Innovation in social engagements
Access the full program for 2020 at the following LINK.
The registrations are closed. Please contact Nadja Batista (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any enquiries.
Sponsors and Partners Africa Business Day 2020
Under the Patronage of:
Highlights Video Africa Business Day 2019
Download the 2019 programme HERE
Download the 2019 Post-Event Report HERE
Media Coverage 2019
Giorgio V. Müller, NZZ: Wer füllt Afrikas Infrastrukturlücke? Chinas Strategie bringt wenig Fortschritt, Read HERE
Raphael Bühlmann, Luzerner Zeitung & Zuger Zeitung: ‘Libra ist gut aber es braucht Strassen’, Read HERE
Florian Hofer, Zuger Presse: Grosse Investitionen in die Infrastruktur, Read HERE
Samuel Polley, Africa Link: ABD 2019 – Africa called to prioritise its energy sector…Read HERE
Africa Link: Reliable, efficient infrastructure in Africa is a challenge but…Read HERE
Africa Business Day 2019 Gallery